Note: Most recent research wave details and media highlights may be found here
Below you will find an archive of all ValueInsured research reports and articles. The ValueInsured Modern Homebuyer survey is conducted online by Equation Research on behalf of ValueInsured on a quarterly basis and typically includes a nationally representative sample of 1,000 or more American adults ages 18 and older. See specific release for sample size and details.
The ValueInsured Housing Confidence Index is the aggregate mean of seven multidimensional confidence measures collected through the Modern Homebuyer Survey, which is conducted once per quarter. The confidence measures include confidence in the market on both the national and local neighborhood level, confidence in the benefits of buying over renting, and confidence in home buying as a smart, secure and personally beneficial investment.
The seven Housing Confidence Index markers are:
- Confidence in the health of the American housing market
- Confidence in the health of your local area housing market
- Confidence in buying a home in America today as a good investment
- Confidence in buying a home in your neighborhood as a good investment
- Confidence in buying a home as more financially beneficial than renting
- Confidence in buying a home in America today as a secure and smart financial investment
- Confidence in buying a home as the best financial investment I can make for me and my family
The confidence index is the aggregate mean of the positive confidence answer for these 7 questions.
ValueInsured Housing Confidence Index Summary
Current Research Details
Q2 2018 Spring Modern Homebuyer Survey represents Wave 9 of the tracking study. In addition to the press release and infographic listed below, detailed results may be found here.
Are you a reporter or industry enthusiast looking for insights on today's homebuyer? Feel free to connect with us and we'd be happy to share details, slice it for a specific opportunity or partner on future studies.