We are committed to restoring home purchasing confidence by providing simple, affordable solutions that protect home buyers against unpredictable, negative market changes.
Our flagship product +Plus by ValueInsured is the only product that reimburses homeowners up to their full down payment should the market go down. When life happens, we are there.
But, we know to really change the paradigm and help reignite the home purchasing market, we need others to join in. If you feel just as passionate as we do, connect with us and let's see what innovations we can create together.
Who we are
Founder and CEO
Ever play 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon ? Try Joe Melendez. He is in everyone's circle. Joe brings his 30+ years of relationships across the financial industry to develop alliances that can help us innovate and deliver something special to the market.
JAMES C. LANSHE
President and General Counsel
You know you have to have one. Jim is our legal counsel, but not just any ordinary one. His 35+ year bio reminds you that you are not the smartest in the room (keywords: Georgetown, Harvard, Partner, CEO, Chairman and even the UN). He makes sure we are doing the right things the right way to deliver the best products to our consumers.
Chief Financial Officer
Health enthusiast and number cruncher extraordinare, Steve with his 25+ years of experience sits quietly in dark rooms staring at computers making the models that drive our business. Ok it's not that scary but it is finance.
CLEVE A. BELLAR
Chief Marketing Officer
Left-brain meet right-brain. Cleve brings 20+ years of technological creativity to bring our story to life and ensure we always keep our customers at the heart of everything we do. He also likes to play in the mud.
Recent Published Creative
Frequently Asked Questions
We think +Plus by ValueInsured provides a great value for consumers interested in protecting their investment in their home. But before you purchase, you should understand what the policy does and does not cover and how much coverage you will have. While this notice describes important coverage highlights, it does not describe every coverage exclusion or other details, which are reflected in the Policy you will receive. You may also download a copy of these disclosures.
For you to receive coverage
- Your home sale must be at least 2 years after your home purchase but no more than 7 years after your home purchase. Historically, Many homes have been sold during that 2- to 7-year period, but yours may or may not be.
- Closing Disclosure Statement must indicate the property is going to be used as a primary residence.
- Your sale must be to an unrelated third party and no leasebacks are allowed.
You will not be covered if
- If you used your home for an illegal purpose
- If your home is sold at foreclosure, transferred by a deed-in-lieu, or taken by eminent domain
How your coverage will be calculated
- Coverage only applies where:
- The sale price of the home is lower than the purchase price, and
- The Federal Housing Finance Administration Home Price Index (the “HPI”) for your home’s state at the time of sale is lower than it was on the date you purchased the home. You can find your state’s HPI at this website. We leverage the All-Transactions Index - States (Not Seasonally Adjusted) version.
- Your pay-out would be the lesser of:
- Your down-payment (up to 20% of home purchase price);
- The actual equity you lost (which is the difference between the price you paid for your home and the price for which you sold it); or
- The purchase price of the home times the reduction in your state’s HPI.
- Examples of how this “lesser of” calculation works are provided below.
- This insurance will not cover:
- Cost of improvements you make to the home
- Prepayments towards the loan balance
- Real estate brokerage and other costs associated with the purchase or sale of the home
Examples of policy payouts
As an example, assume you buy a home for $100,000 and put 20% (or $20,000) down. In 5 years, you decide to sell. The table below shows how your pay-out would depend on the sale price and the change in the HPI. As the table shows, you could have:
No pay-out if you sell at or above the price you paid for the home, or if the HPI for your state has not decreased. These two scenarios are shown with white shading in the table.
A pay-out of less than your down payment if either the sale price or the HPI fell only modestly. Those scenarios appear in light green shading.
A full refund of your down payment if the sale price and the HPI fell by at least 20%. Those scenarios appear in darker green shading.
If you pay for your coverage using a lender credit
- If you pay for your +Plus by ValueInsured coverage through the use of a Lender Credit, your lender may charge you a higher interest rate, which would increase your monthly or other periodic loan payments.
Contact us at email@example.com or 1-844-448-PLUS
Download our Plain English Disclosure for further details